I realized I was not using a spell-checker with Vim, which is kind of important seeing as I write my blog posts in Vim.
After a quick search, it turns out Vim has its own built-in spell-checker! To enable it, simply type:
:setlocal spell spelllang=en_ca
Or place the above (without the colon) in a newly created markdown.vim file so that it can be applied anytime you’re using markdown in Vim.
A few more handy commands while using spell-checking:
- ]s – move cursor to the next misspelled word
- [s – move cursor to the previous misspelled word
- zg – add current word to the dictionary
- zug – undo adding current word to the dictionary
- z= – list suggestions for misspelled word